LEARNERS INVOLVEMENT IN THE LIFE OF THE SCHOOL
At Fishermoss School we encourage pupils to take responsibility within the school. This allows them to have a say in aspects of what happens in school and allows them to see that they can make a difference.
Some of the ways that we do this are:
- Monitors – P7 support the younger pupils at playtimes
- Buddies – P7 pupils are paired with P1 pupils and help them to settle into school life
- P7 Young Leaders – teaching younger children to play co-operatively
- Global Warriors (Eco, Health & Rights Respecting School) – help the school become more environmentally friendly and healthier – all pupils
- Pupil Council – help make improvements to the school.
- Playground equipment rotas and litter rotas – P3-P7 pupils
Young Aberdeenshire Volunteer Awards-As a school we actively encourage our senior pupils to become involved in the Young Aberdeenshire Volunteer Awards. This is supported by Volunteer Centre Aberdeenshire, a Scottish Registered Charity. The award supports the implementation of Curriculum for Excellence through the development of two key capacities-Responsible Citizens and Effective Contributors. Pupils who participate are presented with certificates in recognition of their volunteering. Pupils achieve Bronze award for 10hrs, Silver for 20hrs, Gold for 30hrs & Platinum for 45 hrs and over. The pupil achieving the highest number of hours is awarded the Fishermoss School Young Volunteer Cup.